The expert must have had at least 5 years and preferably 10 years of experience within a ministry or public service/organization either as a public official/employee or external advisor/consultant in the context of Public Finance.
Management systems and reform processes such as:
- Strategic reporting on implementation and monitoring & evaluation of development strategies/plans;
- Development, revision and/or implementation of results monitoring frameworks;
- PFM reform strategies and reporting frameworks;
- Budget planning and formulation at Ministry of Finance or Sector Ministry level;
- Government accounting and reporting, including experience with the International Public Sector Accounting Standards;
- Budget planning and execution, including at the sector level (education and agriculture);
- Accounting and financial reporting;
- Public procurement reform;
- Payroll cleaning and man power planning;
The general objective of the overall SBC III is to promote sustainable and inclusive growth and support the consolidation of peace-building and the state-building processes in Sierra Leone. The specific objective of the SBC III project is improved resilience to face external shocks and in reaching the New Deal Peace-building and State-building Goal (PSG) of ‘improved management of revenue and increased capacity for accountable and fair service delivery’.
The purpose of this contract is: To strengthen institutional capacity in PFM, including revenue management, strategic planning and monitoring, budget formulation, execution and oversight, both at the central and at the selected sector levels and monitoring/evaluation of the development policy.
The expected results of this project are as follows: