The training programme is essential for the sound and efficient management of EDF resources in the light of decentralised management and in the context of EC devolution. The project’s comprehensive training programme will enable National Authorising Officers (NAOs) and Regional Authorising Officers (RAOs) staff as well as EC staff to better understand the main functioning of the 10th EDF and consequently how to make full use of its financing resources.
In order to achieve this goal the project will implement four main Training Modules:
- Module 1 – Introduction to the 10th EDF
- Module 2 – Procurement Procedures (Services supplies and works)
- Module 3 – Direct Labour operations (Programme estimates)
- Module 4 – Grants and Co-financing
The project will deliver 60 training sessions in ACP countries in English, French and Portuguese language, 40 training sessions in Brussels (English, French), a training-of-trainer course and annual trainers’ event.
In order to realize the Training Modules following activities will take place:
- Assessment of the specific needs of the country concerned,
- General coordination for the implementation of the contract and the delivery of the training programme as well as to liaise with the EC Delegations in the ACP countries in order to propose and present the programme of the training session available to the NAOs and RAOs,
- Design, preparation and delivery of training in English, French and Portuguese as well as preparation, printing and dispatch to ACP countries and to the European Commission building, for the training in Brussels, of a training kit for each participant in the courses,
- Explore the availability of training rooms and facilities as well as for training equipment,
- Prepare and ship to the ACP countries all training material, support documentation, evaluation forms and consumables needed for the training sessions,
- Evaluation of the training provided, including preparation of standard evaluation forms for each training module.