The project aimd to facilitate border crossing process between Bulgaria and Romania and harmonization of public administration procedures and coordination related to border police and customs.
The specific objectives for this project included:
1. The harmonisation of procedures and working practices in the areas of:
• Developing, based on risk analysis and selectivity, a common and coordinated approach to border control;
• Collation, analysis, dissemination and sharing of operational information and intelligence;
• Managing external relations with trade and public.
• The design and delivery of comprehensive joint training and development programmes for managers and staff;
• The production of documentation to support the training programme suitable for use after the project has ended;
• The evaluation of training impact on the behaviour and performance of subjects on the Danube border.
2. Improvement of Information and Exchange Facilities:
• To improve cooperation and regular information exchange between the Romanian border control authorities and their Bulgarian counterparts. This area contains a particular focus on shared approaches to collation, analysis, dissemination and sharing of operational information and intelligence and the management of external relations with the public.