In March 2003, Public Administration Reform (PAR) pledges were adopted at all levels of BiH Government. The project outlines a process that should lead to the adoption and implementation of a comprehensive strategy for public administration reform. Within the context of increasing the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the BiH administration in order to improve the delivery of public services. The aim of this contract was twofold: to cover reform areas for which no reform area coordinator is yet hired in the PARC Office and to provide support to the implementation of Action Plan 1 to the Reform Area Coordinators of PARCO.
Specific project objectives and activities included:
• To assist the office of the Public Administration Reform (PAR) Coordinator in the preparation of the PAR Strategy;
• To develop the capacity of the PAR Coordinator’s Office to implement the PAR Strategy;
• Develop the PAR Fund management documents such as PAR Fund Management Board Rules of Procedure, Supervisory Team Rules of Procedure, guidelines for the procurement of Technical Assistance and evaluation criteria document;
• Develop and implement a project management data base. The data-base/project management software will significantly support PARCO staff to manage and monitor reform projects, including those financed by the PAR Fund;
• Develop a concept for the sectoral reform of public administration that is described in the PAR Strategy as Action Plan 2 (AP2).