• To enhance and facilitate active participation of Roma communities in the economic, social, educational, cultural and political life of Romanian society;
• To support the development of equitable and sustainable partnerships of Roma communities and public institutions at local and county level in the field of community and economic development;
• To improve accessibility to health services.
The Specific Objective of this project is to provide Technical Assistance (TA) to the Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) of the Office for Roma Issues (ORI) and the Project Co-ordination Committee (PCC) for the implementation and completion of the Institution Building and Training component, thereby:
• Improving the capacity of public administration officials and Roma NGOs to facilitate development interventions;
• Supporting the development of equitable and sustainable partnerships between Roma community groups and NGOs, local administration and local health authorities.
• Trained county Roma experts, Roma NGO staff, General Practitioners (GP) and county health directorate staff, PIU and ORI staff in order to help the establishment and maintenance of community development activity with a view to developing project applications (together with partnerships) for any donor funded project and the management of those projects, together with developing knowledge on legal aspects and health issues;
• Participants and others supported and coached in their training and facilitation of community development and the development of community initiative groups and partnerships;
• Roma local initiative groups and partnerships within communities supported during Grant Scheme (GS) project implementation to enhance skills and abilities of members;
• Success indicators developed for each type of community development project to be funded by the GS and, on completion of projects, impact evaluations of projects by type carried out and results analyzed to determine level of success.