Within the context of establishing an Economic Policy Planning Unit to provide policy advice and strategic guidance to the BiH Council of Ministers and thus to strengthen technical capacity of the government in the economic field, the specific objectives of the project aimed at:
• Strengthening BiH governments’ capacity to devise and implement economic policies;
• Generating concepts and reform ideas for government’s use in its reform efforts.
Specific activities resulted in:
• EPPU having the capacity and capability to effectively and efficiently facilitate the process of economic policy and strategy formulation of the BiH authorities;
• EPPU endowed with sufficient authority and credibility so that the proposed policy recommendations were taken up and considered by the government;
• EPPU operating with efficient and effective management methodologies, which were tailored to its task and exploit the best practice to be learnt from similar functions performed in candidate and other countries.