The project aimed support development and promotion of the TRACECA Transport Corridor by facilitating trade and transport; to familiarise the management of the ministries, the customs authorities at the borders, in the ports and in headquarters as well as the railway authorities of the involved TRACECA Countries with modern documentation and declaration techniques, transfer of cargo-relevant information using electronic data interchange and with modern customs clearance methods; to transfer western European know-how to the Ministries and agencies involved, to the top level of the railway administrations and to the customs authorities, to the port authorities of the Black Sea and Caspian Sea ports along the TRACECA Corridor, to the customs offices at the points of border crossing and in the before mentioned ports as well as to stakeholders of road transport industry (especially Associations of international road hauliers). The know-how transfer was organised for two Target Groups (Level A and Level B) separately in training courses/ seminars and study tours.
• Overview of the existing situation concerning border crossing and customs clearance along the TRACECA Corridor based on outputs from projects carried out and ongoing;
• Training material for the individual training programmes (Target Groups - Levels A and B in both Russian and English) based on the training needs assessment;
• Training of the Top level decision-makers (Target Group - Level A), 65 trainees, 5 of each TRACECA country;
• Training of the heads of border and customs stations, ministerial departments, railway departments, port and ferry operators and stakeholders from the road transport industry (Target Group - Level B) of each TRACECA country;
• Developed proposals and recommendations.