The overall project objective is to optimise the contribution of the BoS toward effective development planning through the provision of timely, up-to-date and accurate statistics.
With the objective of improving policy coordination, budgetary prioritisation and macroeconomic management, the Capacity Building in Economic Planning (CBEP) aims to address institutional and analytical constraints within the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning (MFDP). The project will provide advisers and training for a number of Departments in the Ministry as well as for planning units in line Ministries.
Moreover, the project aims to build efficient planning, steering, budgeting and communication structures within the BoS, including specific measures such as:
• Assuring the timely publishing of statistical reports in accordance with the Strategic Plan;
• New planning and budgeting guidelines as well as procedures and manuals for these activities;
• Ensuring BoS timely delivery and accurate progress reports and financial accounts to all relevant partners;
• Improving the co-ordination of technical assistance inputs, ensuring absorption capacity compatibility within BoS and consistency with the Bureau’s work programmes;
• Human Resource guidelines and procedures.