Technical Assistance to the Programme "Empowerment of Non-State Actors in Botswana''
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to economic growth promotion and poverty reduction, through the strengthening of the role of Non State Actors in Botswana. To enhance the role of NSAs in the development process of Botswana and to enable them to contribute more effectively to the achievement of the national development goals.
The purpose of this project is the provision of technical assistance to manage and implement the Non State Actors 'empowerment of civil society' Programme.
The programme is oriented towards a structural improvement of the environment for NSAs in Botswana. Its different components focus on issues which have a long term effect. The project seeks to strengthen the operational and financial capacity of the Non State Actors through direct support, enhancing structural dialogue between Government and NSAs. It will improve predictability, transparency and rationalisation of Government funding for the NSAs, hence providing a more clear and independent framework to the NSAs and establishing a more conducive environment for the private sector, this all in accordance with the goals of both the NGO Policy and the PSDS. As a result, it is expected that NSAs will play a more active and more efficient role in the development process alongside Government, and hence have a greater impact on poverty reduction and economic diversification.
The programme has two specific components, Component 1 - Support for NGO empowerment and Component 2 - Support for the Private Sector Development Strategy. Component 2 will be implemented through a contribution agreement with the Centre for Development of Enterprise (CDE).
Position: Key Expert 1 - Senior Capacity Building Expert
Duration of the assignment: 880 work days over 48 months
Qualifications and skills:
- A post-graduate degree in development economics, rural development, social sciences, or related disciplines. Professional experience of at least 10 years in these fields in addition to the professional requirements stated below would be considered as equivalent to a Post-graduate degree. University degree or equivalent diploma below Post-graduate degree can be complimented with relevant professional experience, 2 years additional professional experience is considered as equivalent to one year university or equivalent degree.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills and fluently in written and spoken English
- Strong report and proposal writing skills
General professional experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in development cooperation sector
- Minimum of 10 years experience in project/programme management
Specific professional experience:
- Relevant professional experience in supporting implementation of national policies, of which 5 years must have been gained in developing countries
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with NGOs on capacity building and/or institutional/organizational strengthening, of which 5 years was gained in developing countries
- Minimum of 4 years of working experience in Grants management using EU procedures
- Knowledge of non state actor sector in Southern Africa would be an advantage