The project will promote social inclusion of persons with disabilities as well as their integration into the labour market. As a result, the employability of persons with disabilities will be increased. Furthermore, assistance to accessing the labour market through developing active labour market measures (ALMM) on the regional level will be facilitated.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Strengthening the capacities of the local stakeholders to address and solve problems of persons with disabilities in accessing the labour market (Component 1);
- Strengthening Labour Market (LM) agents in providing diverse techniques in promoting and supporting employment of the persons with disabilities (Component 2);
- Designing and operating a One-stop-shop for information (a national web portal) and other services to unemployed persons with disabilities along with a public awareness campaign on promoting employability of persons with disabilities (Component 3).
The envisaged results are as follows:
- Identifying the needs and current conditions of persons with disabilities in a comprehensive study covering all counties;
- Preparing action plans for the employment of disabled people in eight counties;
- Ensuring monitoring and evaluating processes supported by a manual to continually assess progress regarding their achievement.
- Developing a range of quality services to enable the disabled to enter the labour market and seek employment as well as to assist and educate employers in employing person with disability.
- Launching a public awareness campaign (a national web portal) to provide information and other services to unemployed persons with disabilities.