The overall objective of this contract is to improve accountability, quality, effectiveness and efficiency of the Ukrainian public administration through assisting the Government of Ukraine in the implementation of Ukraine's 2016-2020 Strategy of Public Administration Reform and its Implementation Plan, as well as other connected policy documents and their implementation plans in line with the OECD/SIGMA principles of public administration.
More specifically, the Contract will aim at:
- Improving the capacity of the Government of Ukraine to steer, coordinate, implement, monitor and report the PAR process;
- Enhancing strategic policy planning and the quality of policy and legislative development;
- Increase professionalism, effectiveness and politically neutrality of the civil service;
- Improving accountability and the organisational set-up of public administration;
- Improving the quality and accessibility of public service delivery and to reduce administrative burden for citizens and business.
Main beneficiaries of the Contract are the Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the National Agency of Ukraine on Civil Service, the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade and the Ministry of Justice.